Thursday, February 12, 2009

A glimpse of our Canada Trip!

We had a blast on our "babymoon"! We left Thursday morning and flew to Seattle. We then hopped in a rental car and drove to Vancouver B.C. Vancouver is much like New York in the fact that it's a fast pace city with people walking everywhere and taking taxi's for transportation. I swear there was a Starbucks on every corner!! We did a lot of walking downtown just site seeing.

We came across the 2010 Winter Olympics Countdown!


The white building behind my right side is a HUGE Sears department store! After a day spent in Vancouver we were ready to head to Victoria! We had to take a ferry across to get to the island. Victoria is such a pretty and laid back city. I am sure the Spring and Summer's here are absolutley beautiful!

The sunset at the Sea Wall

Matt standing at Inner Harbour

Right outside the Royal Museum...can you find me? Ha!


The Fairmont Empress...we stayed here on my birthday night. Because they knew it was my birthday and our "baby moon", we were upgraded to a suite, received a free dessert and a wonderful breakfast! Every time we stay at a Fairmont hotel we have nothing but superior service!

Beacon Hill Park in Victoria
There were Seagulls and Ducks EVERYWHERE!

I am 24 weeks in this picture and in this picture I am trying to avoid the hungry ducks! A lady from Kansas drove up with some barley and all the ducks jumped out of the pond as fast as they could! As soon as a dog walked by they all flew away.

The moon at 7:00am...this is looking out our hotel room at the Fairmont.
We ate at a lot of cool places and did lots of shopping! Being 24 weeks pregnant I would say I was a trooper because we probably walked at least 2 to 3 miles a day!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

that looks like an awesome vacation. i am glad you got to do something special before the baby gets here.

Sarah said...

Wow, that looks awesome! I love the pic of you in the black hat. You look very Ski-Bunny!

Emily said...

haha It took me a long time to find you in that picture! I love your belly pics, you are so cute.

Devon said...

That looks like so much fun. I hope to make it up there some day. Oh, and by the way, you look precious.

Olivia said...

Looks so fun! SO glad you guys got to do that!