Thursday, September 10, 2009

I told you so...

Something I have been thinking about...

Having a child really opens your eyes to a lot of things we used to think was "just not fair". Remember all those times your parents told you "No" and you were just so devastated because you couldn't get your way? Remember your response being "but why"?? Parents response: "because I told you so." I used to hate that answer because it didn't explain to me as to why they said no! At that point we just thought our parents were not being fair and just didn't want us to have fun! (Especially as a teenager!)

Well being a parent really makes you realize why your parents did they things they did. They did it out of love. You just love your child so much that you don't want to see them hurt or disappointed. I totally see their perspective now... Matt and I just hope we can explain this to Parker so he will understand how much we love him. God blessed me and Matt with wonderful parents and we are so grateful to have them be apart of Parker's life!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

See...........we weren't as mean as you once thought! You made me cry!! It is so difficult being a parent sometimes but also very rewarding, as you just proved to me once more! Thanks for making my day! Love you!

Mom said...

Oh also, now I just wish we could get your brother to understand that a little bit earlier than you did!! :)