Tuesday, April 7, 2009

32 week checkup

Today was my 32 week checkup with Dr. Atkins. I am going every week now to monitor my blood pressure. I was really worried this morning that it was going to be a little high again and that he would put me on restrictions. I prayed and prayed on the way to the doctor's that everything would turn out normal...and it DID!! My blood pressure was normal and the baby's weight is right on target. We had an ultrasound just to make sure the baby was growing at a normal pace. He/She weighs 3 lbs. and 14 oz. and is 16 1/2 inches long. It was really hard to see the whole baby on the screen because it's more and more squished as he/she grows! The lady did mention that our child had very big feet! I laugh because I have tiny feet but Matt wears a size 12...so the baby is not taking after me in that area! The baby is already head down so I am sure I will be getting kicked harder and harder in the ribs as those feet grow ;) I was very pleased with today's appointment let's just hope and pray they continue that way! Matt and I have our birthing class on Saturday so I am sure that will make me even more anxious for the baby to get here!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

YEAH!!!!!!

Devon said...

That is awesome girl!

Sarah said...

Oh, it's so cool when they move head down. You're getting so close! I can't wait to tickle those gosh darn big feet!

Lindsey said...

It's getting closer and closer!

Emily said...

You're definitely in the home stretch! Ultrasounds are so fun, aren't they? You get little bits of info, like the big feet, from them!