Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Lonely Chair

The days are over sitting in this chair. Sometimes I miss it, sometimes I don't. I had to take a picture of this special place...the janitor's closet. You see it's not just the janitor's closet at work, it was my pumping station. Everyday for 5 months, August thru December, I sat in this closet from 10:30-11:00 and 2:00-2:30 pumping milk. It was my quiet time. A time where I could block out everything going on that day and think about my baby. After Christmas I decided to only feed Parker in the mornings and at night. I wasn't pumping enough during the day to keep up with his demand. Pumping is a lot of work and time consuming. I had a love/hate relationship with the pump. The only thing that got me through that many months of pumping was knowing my baby needed me. It was my gift to him for as long as I could keep up. I hope to keep breastfeeding until he turns one. I often think about how our routine will change after we are through breastfeeding and it kind of makes me sad. But for now I will enjoy it while I can! So even though it wasn't the nicest place to sit and pump it still meant a lot that I was able to do this day in and day out for that long. I will miss you chair...
See the boxes...that was my "prop" for my pump to sit on ;)

1 comment:

Emily said...

It's too bad you didn't have a nicer place, but you are absolutely right - it served it's purpose well! (p.s. I'm pumping right now! haha)