Saturday, August 8, 2009

Our new schedule...

Well, Monday I started back to work. ;(

I pretty much cried off and on all day Sunday not wanting to leave my baby. I knew that he was going to be in EXCELLENT hands with lots of love but it was still going to be hard not to be with him all day. So Monday morning came along and it was so hard getting up to feed Parker at 6 and not being able to go back to sleep. Every morning while I was off I would feed him and then his morning nap would be our time to cuddle. That is the part I miss the most!!

Now it is Saturday...I survived! Every day did get a little easier. I was busy at work trying to get back in the swing of things, organizing my desk, and doing some training. By five o' clock I was ready to see my baby!! Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers as our family gets back into the swing of things and used to a new schedule.

Speaking of a schedule, I have Parker on one that has worked out great! I feed him in the morning, and then he gets 2 bottles at GiGi's house or Grandmother's house (Matt's Mom), and then I feed him right when I pick him up and once more before bed. I am hoping we can continue this schedule for awhile so that I can keep breastfeeding him. He also is sleeping through the night!!! Yea!!

Some new things Parker is doing:

-cooing and smiling back at us

-holding his head up a lot more

-sleeping without being swaddled

-noticing the TV more and more

-sucking on his thumb (sometimes his whole fist) ;)

I can't believe my baby is almost 3 months old...when Mom's tell you the newborn stage flies by they are not kidding!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Caleb tricked me for a while and slept through the night. Now he's up again every 3-4 hrs. But I'm so glad Parker is sleeping for you so that you can be well rested for work.

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you had a good first week back at work. I thought about you a lot because I will be in your shoes next week. I'm already starting to feel sick to my stomach and get sad. That's a great schedule you have him on too. Have a good week...love ya!

Mama Q said...

Leave it to a male to start noticing the tv that early. ;) They start it young it looks like! I'm so happy he's sleeping thru the night for you! How nice of him now that he knows you're working hard!

Emily said...

That's a really good schedule, and the sleeping thing is awesome! Way to go Parker! I love his sleeping pic...so cute!