Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pierce is 8 months!

8 months...REALLY?  I was asking myself the other day..."How come when babies are in the womb it seems like FOREVER for 9 months to come and go?" "But when the baby arrives time FLIES???"  That is exactly how I feel.  It seems like yesterday we were bringing this sweet baby home.
Pierce is seriously the smiliest baby and we love it!!  Of course he can get madder than a hornets nest but there are always tons of smiles to follow!  He crawls everywhere and is fast!  His big brother loves that he crawls so he can lure him in a room and shut the door.  We have to rescue him because who knows what would happen!  Pierce is starting to learn if Parker does something to him he will cry and look at me like "are you going to do something about it?" 
Pierce has 4 teeth with more on the surface.  This has caused him to be cranky and wanting his Mama.  The holidays were a little trying at times but we made it!  Now that he has teeth he is loving feeding himself.  He will eat black beans, cheese, peas, peaches, puffs, mum mums, cheerios, eggs and today I made the mistake of giving him a very small piece of goldfish.  He was following me around the house wanting more! :)  I offer a sippy cup every now and then at dinner and he will drink out of it however, he still loves his bottle and nursing before bedtime.  Speaking of nursing, I am still trying to hold on until he is one with the morning and night feedings but he is starting to bite...hard.  So we will see how long I can last.  Those teeth are SHARP!
He can say "Mama and Dada".  This week he has started pulling up on the couch  and ottoman.  I have a feeling it won't  be long before he is walking.  I attribute it all to watching his big brother.
Parker at 8 months...they look nothing alike to me
 A sweet picture of our two boys
and...this is what really happens behind the scenes.  Boys will be boys!
Happy 8 months baby boy, you have brought so much joy to our family!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I don't think my boys look anything alike either, but everywhere we go people ask if they're twins! So weird!

Emily said...

Yeah I have to agree, your boys don't look anything alike! Now you can join the ranks of having two kids that look so completely different from each other! :) I never thought about it, but you are SO right - 9 months takes forever when you're pregnant, but 9 months flies by when they are babies!

Mama Q said...

Wahoo! Happy birthday, little man! Bear is right on your heels, about to be 7 months!

I can't believe he's already saying "mama & dada". WOW! And he and his buddy, Bear, seem to be good eaters! We'll have to get them together to have a pig-out fest. We're attempting black beans today.

Olivia said...

He is so adorable!! Can't believe he is 8 months!!